BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Lucid Dreams

So I really dont where this obsession started but i know I am OBSESSED! Not that long ago I watched a show on lucid dreaming , its just the most fascinating thing ever. This blog post is basically going to be about lucid dreaming :)! I dont really know that much about it so along the way im going to do some research and get some images together to show you guys. All I currently know! Is that while someone is having a lucid dream they are conscious or more aware that they are dreaming. Now according to google the web definition of a lucid dream is as follows:

A lucid dream is a dream in which the sleeper is aware that she or he is dreaming. When the dreamer is lucid, she or he can actively participate in and often manipulate the imaginary experiences in the dream environment. ...

I personally think this sounds amazing. Being able to control your dreams and actively control what happens how it happens and make it happen in the way that you want.
One of the questions I have always had regarding lucid dreams is, once you have that control over your dream and your aware how do you wake up? Is there any chance of you being trapped or unable to awake. I think thats one of my main fears when it comes to lucid dreaming, I also wouldn't want to put myself in a position where im creating these amazing dream worlds that are perfect in every way and would no longer enjoy the world of reality.

Also moving slightly off the topic of lucid dreams , Ive always found it interesting that people just consider a dream as a figment of ones  imagination. I personally disagree. When you have a dream or a nightmare the feeling you get is completely real. From personal experience a dream to me is more than just my imagination. When I have a nightmare I feel terrified in my dream but I know that I also feel terrified in 'reality' Im really feeling that fear, its almost disturbing , when I wake up it actually feels like a real life experience and I know it is. Its exactly the same as when I have a nightmare that has pain involved, when I experience the  pain in the nightmare it feels real and when I wake up I feel traumatized. I think this makes me question how real our dreams and nightmares actually are.
As far as Im concerned what happens in a dream is a real experience.

Im quite interested in hearing everyone elses thoughts on this?

In the meantime here are some interesting videos:









0 comments: